To receive the rank of YODAN
It is important to advise the host of the grading of your commitment to attend. To receive the rank of Yodan, in addition to meeting all previous rank requirements you must meet the following guidelines:
- You must be minimum 30 years of age.
- You must have been a Sandan at least 4 years of Active Training (see Section B definitions).
- You must attend a minimum of 2 Black Belt Clinics per calendar year and they must be recorded in your passbook.
- You are encouraged to compete or participate in 2 SWKKF tournaments annually and they must be recorded in your passbook.
- Additional kata requirements:
- Also see Grading Forms for complete details on Grading Techniques
- The individual must be able and willing to convey their knowledge of Wado Kai karate through example. An exceptional teacher must be able to bring the best out of all of their students and help continue to grow a strong federation as Hanshi Masaru Shintani has set the foundation for.