SWKKF Scholarship FAQ
- Am I eligible for the scholarship if I am going from grade 12 to a post-secondary program? Yes, all applicants who are transitioning from grade 12 to any post-secondary programming are eligible to apply.
- Am I eligible for the scholarship if I am already in a post-secondary program? Yes, all applicants who are continuing from one year to the next in a post-secondary program are eligible to apply.
- I am currently finishing the last year of my post-secondary program. Am I eligible to apply? No, you must be continuing on in the academic year you obtain your scholarship. For example, the 2015 winners must be returning to school for the 2015-2016 school year.
- If I applied for the scholarship last year can I apply this year? Absolutely! We encourage you to apply any year that you continue on your post-secondary education.
- I’m going to technical college. Am I eligible to receive the scholarship? Yes, we encourage any type of post-secondary programming including but not limited to university, college, technical college, and trade school.
- Do you need to hold a specific rank/belt to apply? No, a specific rank or particular karate accomplishment is not required to apply for the scholarship.
- My grades are not perfect. Do I have a chance at winning the scholarship? Yes, when selecting a candidate, the committee equally considers karate involvement, extracurricular activities, and academic achievement. Successful applicants are well rounded and show dedication in many areas of their life.