National Team Selection/Evaluation
Download the official flyer. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY!
Friday – evaluations, Saturday – tournament, Sunday – final evaluations.
- Friday 12:00pm - 4:00pm - Port Dover Dojo - Ivey’s building, 320 St Patrick St, Port Dover, ON N0A 1N0
- Friday 6:00pm - 10:00pm - National Clinic - Holy Trinity Catholic High School - 128 Evergreen Hill Road, Simcoe, ON N3Y 4N5
- Saturday Tournament - Holy Trinity Catholic High School - 128 Evergreen Hill Road, Simcoe, ON N3Y 4N5
- Sunday 9:00am - 2:00pm - Port Dover Dojo - Ivey’s building, 320 St Patrick St, Port Dover, ON N0A 1N0
Evaluations will be based on:
- Tournament results and experience
- Skill level – technical and tactical
- Character – include their instructor’s feedback
To do this the committee will be creating a thorough set of objective assessment tools including: results and participation at tournaments, standardized testing for fitness, rubric for expectations for technical abilities and tactical abilities, in kata and kumite, and the understanding of the philosophy and values of Sensei Shintani.
The Shintani Team will be announced after the 2017 national Tournament weekend!