To receive the rank of NIDAN
- You must be minimum 20 years of age.
- You must have been a Shodan at least 2 years of Active Training - see section "B" of the grading manual.
- You must attend a minimum of 2 Black Belt Clinics per calendar year and it must be recorded in your passbook.
- You must compete or participate in 2 SWKKF tournaments during your present rank in either event and it must be recorded in your passbook.
You must know the following katas:
- Pinan Shodan
- Pinan Nidan
- Pinan Sandan
- Pinan Yodan
- Pinan Godan
Techniques to be performed:
- Basic techniques
- Combination block-counter
- Taisabaki movement
- Side stepping
- Fluency in combination techniques
- Two step or free style kumite
- Also see Grading Forms for complete details on Grading Techniques
- The individual must be of strong moral character and demonstrate mental and emotional maturity and should be reflected in their behavior.