All COMPETITORS MUST REPORT-IN TO THE REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION/CHECK-IN TABLE BETWEEN 8:00am - 9:00am
To download the official flyer click here
To all competitors:
The National Master Shintani Memorial Karate Tournament will be on Saturday, May 27, 2017 at Holy Trinity Catholic High School, 128 Evergreen Hill Rd, Simcoe, ON N3Y 4N5 starting at 9:00 am. There will be no registration or payment on the day of the tournament. All Pre‐registration and payments must be in by 10:00PM EST May 25, 2017.
$30.00 - Any combination of Kata/Kumite/Shindo
$50.00 for families 2 or more, immediate family only
For 2017 we are introducing pre‐register online and payment system. ALL entries must be submitted and paid online.
Before you begin registration ensure you have the following ready:
- Your passbook number
- Passbook number and information for additional family members you are registering (immediate family only)
- Your Credit card ‐ PAYMENT IS NEEDED
- Understand tournament payment is non‐refundable.
BLACK BELT MEETING WILL START AT 9:00AM ‐ OPENING CEREMONIES WILL START AT 9:30AM
ALL REGISTRATION CHECK‐INS WILL BE FROM 8:00AM – 9:00AM
NOTE: Brown and Black Belts – we need your help at the tournament! Your participating through the entire day is requested for scorekeeping, table work, etc. Please ensure your participation is recorded in your passbook.
The Masters Cup, a long standing tradition for the Nationals is an event that is open to black belts Yodan & Up. We encourage black belts to participate and showcase their ability and Shintani Karate. For this event there is no entry fee.
- Master’s Cup Competition (Black Belt – Yodan and Up)
- Competitors must be a Black Belt (Yodan‐up)
- Competitors will demonstrate and explain how to execute five (5) Bunkai Techniques from any Wado Kata that are within the Shintani Wado Kai Karate Federation guidelines
- You could utilize one or more opponents of any ranks
- Judging will be based on form, speed, power, explanation and practicality
Sensei Denis Labbé
President ‐ Shintani Wado Kai Karate Federation
A NOTE FROM SENSEI RON MATTIE ON THE SHINTANI MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT MASTERS CUP
To all ranks Yodan and up:
The Shintani Memorial Tournament is quickly approaching.
I remember how much of an honour it was to participate in the Master’s Cup with Sensei Shintani watching. I never did win it. The late Sensei Peter Ciolfi would always beat be, however, the thrill and honour was just to be in that ring. I felt it was my duty as a higher rank to demonstrate what Sensei had taught me and how I interpreted it.
I am asking you, if you are attending the tournament, please consider entering this event. It has nothing to do with winning it, only in honouring Sensei Shintani’s memory and dedication to Wado-Kai Karate.
I would greatly appreciate your participation.
In peace by way of harmony
Sensei Ron Mattie